Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I am experiencing weakness or just uncomfortable feeling in

I am experiencing weakness or just uncomfortable feeling in my left arm. I have read this can be a symptom of heart issues in women. I have begun taking an aspirin every day and wonder if that and getting more exercise is enough to make a difference, or should I see a doctor? I am a 64 years old female who has always been healthy and have no family history of heart disease.

mysticdoc :

The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.

mysticdoc :

Hi there,

I am Mysticdoc, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.

I am here to help you with your concerns.

mysticdoc :

Left arm weakness indeed can be a sign of underlying heart disease.

mysticdoc :

Stroke is another possibility--especially a mini stroke since you do not have any other symptoms.

mysticdoc :

Another possibility can be due to the muscle fatigue from lifting weights.

mysticdoc :

Although you take aspirin daily, this may not be adequate to prevent heart problem sometimes.

mysticdoc :

Hence, it is better to see your doctor and get a clinical evaluation that should include EKG, stress test and a neurological evaluation.

mysticdoc :

Best wishes,

Please rate the chat Good or Excellent, if you are satisfied with our conversation and do not have any further question, so that I get rewarded for my time & effort. Thank you!

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

mysticdoc : The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.
mysticdoc : Hi there,
mysticdoc : Left arm weakness indeed can be a sign of underlying heart disease.
mysticdoc : Stroke is another possibility--especially a mini stroke since you do not have any other symptoms.
mysticdoc : Another possibility can be due to the muscle fatigue from lifting weights.
mysticdoc : Although you take aspirin daily, this may not be adequate to prevent heart problem sometimes.
mysticdoc : Hence, it is better to see your doctor and get a clinical evaluation that should include EKG, stress test and a neurological evaluation.
mysticdoc : Best wishes,
This is the link to my profile: