Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained
16455829

How do I know if I have a concussion? I was drinking tonight.

How do I know if I have a concussion? I was drinking tonight. And I hit my head while on a swing. I hit the back of my head against a concrete fountain. The back of my head feels a little sore. Im answering questions very well despite my alcohol consumption. Should I be concerned or stop worrying so much?
Hi
Did you black out? Or felt dazed for a second?
When did this happen?
Any headache, visual changes or vomiting? Any neck pain or weakness or numbness?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This happened three hours ago. I continued with my activities until now.

Phil:
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No not at all. I feel nauseous now. But I have been drinking for quite some hours today. From 3 till 11. The only complaint I have is a sore spot on the back of head.

Okay,
well without a transient loss of consciousness (eg. black out or daze) it is unlikely to be a concussion or a significant head injury- particularly if it happened a while ago and you are able to type at the computer.
That being said, stop drinking any more tonight.
Have a friend keep an eye on you, if you start vomiting or develop a severe headache or if you feel confused, you need to go to the ER asap and get a head CT done.

Hang in there

Please leave positive feedback if this helped :-)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much.