Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

How long does it take a nose fracture to heal and at what point

How long does it take a nose fracture to heal and at what point can you have it repaired?

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX and I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

It may take 8-12 weeks to heal fully

Dr Brims :

I'm sorry to hear about this problem

Customer:

Anything I can do to help the healing process? At one point would you think I can resume my regular activities such as swimming, dancing, etc.? Also I am big on supplements such as taking reservatrol, fish oil, etc. When do you think it would be safe to resume these supplements? Frankly, I was too upset at my appointment with my doctor to ask these questions and he will be out of town for the next week. Is it likely the hump on my nose will get worse (it is now two weeks since the break)?

Dr Brims :

You can have reconstructive surgery after it fully heals and there is no more swelling, usually it may be done about 12 weeks

Dr Brims :

You cannot help speed up the healing process, it will take time,

Dr Brims :

Dancing and swimming may take about 8 weeks, but only your doctor can determine that after he examines you

Dr Brims :

You may resume supplements right away

Dr Brims :

The bump on your nose is unlikely to get worse

Customer:

What about the questions of when can I resume physical activities such as dancing, water aerobics, as well as when would it be safe to start taking fish oil, and antioxidants?

Dr Brims :

You may resume supplements right away

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Customer:

Thank you. I didn't scroll down enough to get your complete response. No further questions.

Dr Brims :

You're quite welcome