Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience

For the past 4 days, I have had problems with fatigue, some

For the past 4 days, I have had problems with fatigue, some nausea, and some diarrhea. Then the past 2 days, I have still been very fatigued and my stools have been very yellow. Any idea what could be some of the possible causes?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Saha :

Dr. Saha :

Thank you for your question,

Dr. Saha :

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

Dr. Saha :

How many times do you pass stool?

Dr. Saha :

Do you have any other symptom, pain, fever?

Dr. Saha :

Are you there?

Dr. Saha :

It is showing that you are standing by.

Dr. Saha :

Fatigue, diarrhea can occur from an infection.

Dr. Saha :

Viral infection is a common cause.

Dr. Saha :

Sometimes there can be bacterial or parasitic infection.

Dr. Saha :

Indigestion or incomplete mixing of bile can cause yellow stool.

Dr. Saha :

Yellow stool can be due to presence of fat in the stool.

Dr. Saha :

Pancreatic disease or pancreatic enzyme deficiency can be a factor in some cases.

Dr. Saha :

Viral infection usually gets in 3-5 days,

Dr. Saha :

If the symptoms continue please take an examination by doctor.

Dr. Saha :

Please take plenty of fluid.

Dr. Saha :

Gatorade, oral rehydration solution would be helpful to maintain fluid & electrolyte balance..

Dr. Saha :

If you have any further query, please feel free to ask.

Dr. Saha :

You may be having difficulty in entering chat.

Dr. Saha :

I am changing to question & answer format.

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Hello Brad

I wrote the answer in chat above.

Please feel free to ask, if you have any further query.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I didn't realize that you were in chat. I have also had some bloating during the past 4 days. One thing that I wonder about is would acetaminophen cause this? I have been taking a pain med during the last several year for chronic arthritis. this pain med has acetaminophen in it. Lately, my arthritis has been bad, so I've been taking Tylenol too.
Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

How many acetaminophen or tylenol are you taking? How many mg in total in a day?

How is your urine?

Do you feel any pain in abdomen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm taking about 6 - 8 pain mess that have 325 mg in each. I've also been taking 3 - 4 extra strength Tylenol. Urine looks normal. Not really any unusual pain in my abdomen, ther than being a little bloated that past 4 - 5 days.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
These symptoms of fatigue & diarrhea are unlikely to be from tylenol or acetaminophen.

These are likely to be due to an infection, indigestion as I wrote above.

However, you need to limit the intake of pain medicine.

Tylenol also contain acetaminophen as you know.

Total dose of acetaminophen plus tylenol should not exceed 4000 mg a day.

If you take 8 x 325 & 4 extra strength then you are crossing the limit for the day.
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 30 years of experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In addition to the other symptoms that I have, I have also had constant pain in my rear left flank area for the past couple of days. Does this narrow down the potential cause of my issues. I am going to the doctor tomorrow. Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Is there any tender spot on pressure?

How is your urine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It hurts some when I press on the area right below much ribcage. My urine is not very dark, but it is a little cloudy and darker yellow than normal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
When you have dark, cloudy urine along with pain the left flank area, the symptoms can be due to urinary tract infection.

Urine test should be taken.

As you are going to doctor tomorrow, the doctor can take other tests according to physical examination findings.

Take more water, fluid.

It is good for urinary tract infection.
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 30 years of experience