Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

I have pain under my left eye and to the side of it. I went

I have pain under my left eye and to the side of it. I went to the opthomologist and the said I had clogged tear ducts and glands . It was a little swollen around the eye. They gave me moisture drops and an antibiotic drop. However, it has been about 5 days and it isn't better. I'm wondering if it is my sinuses. I have had many sinus problems in the pasy and also sinus surgery. Should I go to theENT doctor?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX and I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

I'm sorry to hear about this

Dr Brims :

Do you have sinus problems now?

Customer: No. Just pain int the side of my eye, cheek and under the eye.
Dr Brims :

I see, and what antibiotic ointment are you taking?

Customer: Tobramycin and dexameethasone opthalmic suspension.. Could it be my sinuse.
Dr Brims :

Do you have any pain around your nose?

Customer: The side of my nose and little on the side of my face or cheek.
Dr Brims :

Okay, then this may be from your ethmoid sinus, and it may benefit from an oral antibiotic

Dr Brims :

I would recommend you se your ENT to have this evaluated

Customer: Is it possible that it is the eye gland and the sinuses? I had pneumonia 4 weeks ago. Does that have anything to do with it?
Dr Brims :

It could be both of them, it may have spread between the sinus and the eye gland, I don't think it is related to the pneumonia

Customer: Thank you.
Dr Brims :

You're quite welcome

Dr Brims :

If you have any other questions on this topic please feel free to ask

Dr Brims :

If you have any questions in the future, you may request me by starting the question with "Dr Brims" and I will answer

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Dr Brims :

Hello?

Dr Brims :

If you have no other questions, would you mind clicking a rating button?

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.
Were you able to see my replies in the chat session?