Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

I started seeing back pain dr in February for back pain I had

I started seeing back pain dr in February for back pain I had been having for a few months. He ordered an MRI. I had the MRI in April, 2013. MRI shows: C5-6: Decreased T2 signal is present within the disc. A concentric bulge measuring 3.2mm is present and minimally narrow the central spinal canal and neuroforamen.
C6-7: Decreased T2 signal is present within the disc. A concentric bulge measuring 3.3mm is present and minimally narrows the central spinal canal and neuroforaman.
Concentric disc bulges present at the C5-C6 and C6-C7 levels.
May 15th my pain dr did a epidural spinal injection. I did not feel any relief so another was done on June 5th. This made everything go haywire. I have increased pain, can't use my right arm without pain (my daughter is typing this for me) and since June 10th have been on FMLA and STD. I went to a sports medicine Dr. because the pain dr. felt surgery was the "next logical solution". The sports medicine dr. said, "Your MRI is underwhelming. I'm sending you for a CT Scan". My insurance turned down the test. Now I am being sent to a neurologist on Tuesday.
My questions are this:
what happens if the neurologist says he sees nothing wrong? I'm not making this up. I want my life back!
What should I ask the neurologist? Also, with the information I provided, is there a type of illness I should ask about that may fit my symptoms. I do not know what to do! I'm getting depressed about the pain and lack of quality in my life. I'm getting very desperate.

Optional Information:
Person's Gender: Female
Person's Age: 42
Hello and welcome.

The neurologist is not likely to say that there is nothing wrong. You have significant symptoms with abnormal MRI (disc bulges at two spaces). So further treatment like surgery may be necessary, if following have failed;

1) Physical therapy
2) Neck traction
3) Neck brace
4) Deep electrotherapy.

The neurologist is also likely to do following electrophysiological studies which would further confirm the disc bulges pressing on the nerves (pinched nerves);

a) Nerve conduction velocity study (NCV)
b) Electromyography

It is privilege assisting you.

Dr. Arun