Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience
8227957

hello,i had had a little pit of a bother inside ear when

hello, i had had a little pit of a bother inside ear when i would open jaw/making some move movement with lips. that subsided-can't do it anymore. Now i touched below ear/near the end of jaw and it bothers I think it is the tonsillar node that feels a bit more sore than the other side when i push near the area. Now i also feel like my ear is stuffed like it gets when inside plane.

Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question,

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

When did all those symptoms start?

Do you feel any lump there?

Is there any discharge from ear?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

A little lump. The slight pain in ear with movement started at the beginning of the week. I've been having a lot of runny nose. I now have itchy eyes and itchy nose started a couple days ago as well. Wonder if this is related. No discharge, but for years, I've always had a good amount of wax. The discomfort in the tonsillar area I noticed today.

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Leslie, for the information,

You are likely having an upper respiratory infection.

An allergy can also be a factor.

This can involve nose, throat.

Itchy eyes, nose, throat pain can occur from it.

Glands can be enlarged from an infection.

The middle ear is connected with the back of the throat by Eustachian tube.

This maintains the air pressure with the atmosphere.

This portion can get inflamed & give a blocked feeling when the tube is blocked from upper respiratory infection

I would advise to take an examination by doctor.

A throat swab can be taken to check for bacterial infection.

Sometimes the Eustachian tube block can be helped by nasal decongestant spray like afrin.

Anticold tablets like advil cold or tylenol cold can also help.

You can also apply warm moist compress too.

I hope this information helps.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can have an upper respiratory infection even if I don't feel sick? I always attributed the runny nose to allergies and the fact that it is always really really cold in my house-- causes me to have bloody mucous sometimes. Sometimes my nose isn't runny at all...The pain was coming and going, but now what bothers it the touching of that toncillar area.

How do you treat an upper respiratory infection? Is this bad?

What kind of bacterial throat infection could it be?

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Allergy is a common cause for such symptoms.

But when a node is enlarged with pain, an infection needs to be ruled out.

You may not feel too much sick with infection always.

Bacteria like strep can cause infection there.

You can need an antibiotic for it.
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 30 years of experience