Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD

My family has been using melamine resin plates for years. Sometimes

My family has been using melamine resin plates for years. Sometimes we microwave them with no obvious effects. However, I recently learned that you're not supposed to microwave melamine plates and that the melamine can leech into the food, causing stones and bladder cancer. No one in my family has experienced any kidney or bladder stones so far, and we're in pretty good health overall. How high is our risk for future complications and should I bring this up with a doctor?
Welcome and thanks for your question I am Dr. German I would be here to help you and give you assistance until you are satisfied, although melamine has some risks , the risk is extremely low .

The tests that have shown there is melamine migration into foods ,have been performed under extreme circumstances, heating foods for two hours , most people use the microwave only some minutes to heat meals or drinks.

If you have been healthy and nobody has developed any side effects like irritability , blood in the urine , kidney infections or high blood pressure , there is no need to worry, You will be fine .

But from now on ,there are some things you have to be careful and take extra precautions like :

1-Do not use the melamine plates with children or babies .
2-Do not heat drinks or meals in the melamine plates , but you can use them like tableware,dinnerware or trays to carry snacks.

If you need any additional information I will be happy to continue further and assist you until you are completely satisfied .

Good luck to you and have a good day !

Please leave a positive feedback ( click on excellent or good service ) if you are satisfied with my answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX to know!

You're welcome ,have a good day !