Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties

My Brain MRI report shows multiple small foci of FLAIR/t2

My Brain MRI report shows multiple small foci of FLAIR/t2 hyper intensity seen in the cerebral white matter primarily involving the frontal and occipital lobes.
No such lesions seen in the corpus callosum or brain stem. There is one small focus in the left cerebellum at grey/white junction.

As it is 5 days till I see my neurologist could you please advise what this MAY indicate.
I am 64 yr old Male, long history of Migraine, but most recent nausea and dizziness.
The is no fluid indicated in middle ear or mastoids on MRI

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.

I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and i will do my best to help you today.

These are generally part of normal aging process and reflect age related changes in the brain, but can also reflect certain pathological conditions such as circulation issue to the brain, inflammatory lesions, or even some psychiatric conditions such as bipolar disorder and major depressive disorder.

All the findings on MRI need to be interpreted in appropriate clinical context. In your case, this may be related to dizziness or gait problem (if any) or may be totally unrelated. But in general, we come across a lot of patients with similar findings which are grossly considered insignificant clinically.

It was a pleasure assisting you and thank you very much for visiting us.

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service.

If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindest Regards.