Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

I was just treated for a wart on the bottom of my foot and

I was just treated for a wart on the bottom of my foot and was told I got this from a virus. I am nervous now that I may have "contaminated" my home by walking barefoot these last few months and may re-infect myself. Is this true? Also, do I need to throw away my shoes? I plan on bleaching my bathtub regardless but am not sure what to do with my shoes! Now that the wart is treated, is it safe to say I no longer have the virus?

Hi. You're way too worried here. You don't contract the common wart virus from surfaces like floors and the like. although potentially it could be contracted from shower stalls and bathtubs. You don't need to do anything special with your shoes and you certainly don't need to get rid of them. And now that the wart has been treated, you no longer have the virus and you may never get another one of these.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Whew! Thanks so much, this is all new to me I didnt know what to do! Live life as normal and hope this treatment worked I guess. Thanks again.