Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Im on day 8 of my cycle, and I must be at the very very end

I'm on day 8 of my cycle, and I must be at the very very end of my period because yesterday I still had very light pale pink bleeding. I had protected sex last night with a condom the entire time. The guy even checked the condom afterwards by filling it with water and there were no leaks. What's the chance of pregnancy given i was on day 7 or 8 of my period and used condoms? I'm a little paranoid and am debating plan b or not .
Category: Health
Expert:  Robert Fernando replied 1 year ago.
Welcome back to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

There is almost nil chance that this can result in pregnancy.

A woman is most likely to become pregnant if sexual intercourse occurs just before or just after ovulation.Sometimes the ovulation may occur within a few days after your period has finished.

So considering the factor-"last days of your periods" having sex just after your periods are finished(or last days) can also result in pregnancy.Though the chances of pregnancy just after periods are usually very low,but still there are.In females cycle there is no predictable time during the month when the chances of pregnancy can be said to be absent.

Considering the factor that the "sex was protected" with condom & there was no leakage at all,there is very slim chance that this can result in pregnancy.

So botXXXXX XXXXXne is considering both the factors-last days of your period & protected sex with condom,there is very very slim chance(almost zero) that this can result in pregnancy.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Robert Fernando, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, Experienced Family Physician
Hi Amy,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Is there anything else that I can help you?

Let me know,
Dr.Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

you helped a lot. I did end up taking plan b just to be as close to 100% safe as possible. I started bleeding yesterday ( 4 days after plan b) which is for sure darker than spotting. I used a tampon this morning. My period isnt due for 16 days. Is this my period? If not, when should I expect my next period?