Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

is it possible for the hcg hormone to drop to zero immediately

is it possible for the hcg hormone to drop to zero immediately after a d and c procedure for a pregnancy less than a month old?
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

After how much time was the HCG test performed?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

In about 3 hours after the D and C

It is rare to dip down the HCG blood levels to zero so fast. But if the previous levels of HCG were not too high, occasionally the HCG level can go down fast.
Usually it takes about 2-3 days for level to go to zero.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so it is a possibility?

Yes, this can happen in rare cases. A possibility is that before the D & C, a spontaneous abortion may have been initiated some hours ago, which may have not been recognized (as there may not be any sign like bleeding or abdominal cramps). So dipping down of the HCG could have been a bit earlier than the D&C.

It is privilege assisting you.