Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I just came in to work and observed a co-worker (female) who

I just came in to work and observed a co-worker (female) who 'looks like she has been crying'--she has a puffy face and appears 'tired'. When I asked if she was okay, she said that she has no peripheral vision (tunnel vision) and that it 'just happened' while she was driving in to work. She thinks it *might* be related to high blood pressure or that she has a migrane coming on--I don't know her BP history, but she said she's never had migrane issues before (she had just read about that on the internet). I am worried and think it might be serious. Any ideas?

Other notes and observations: she appears coherent and has full bi-lateral function.

mysticdoc :

The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.

mysticdoc :

Hi there,

I am Mysticdoc, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.

I am here to help you with your concerns.

mysticdoc :

Interesting given her young age.

mysticdoc :

If she has history of high blood pressure, a stroke ( intracranial bleed) can cause these symptoms.

mysticdoc :

This is the most serious possibility.

mysticdoc :

Other cause can be ocular migraine which can occur anytime.

mysticdoc :

Allergic reaction to the food or environmental allergen can cause this as well.

mysticdoc :

Medication side effects if she has been on any medication is another possibility.

mysticdoc :

Hence, it will be better to get a clinical evaluation soon preferably in the ER given the above possibilities.

mysticdoc :

Best wishes,

Please rate the chat Good or Excellent, if you are satisfied with our conversation and do not have any further question, so that I get rewarded for my time & effort. Thank you!

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

mysticdoc : The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.
mysticdoc : Hi there,
mysticdoc : Interesting given her young age.
mysticdoc : If she has history of high blood pressure, a stroke ( intracranial bleed) can cause these symptoms.
mysticdoc : This is the most serious possibility.
mysticdoc : Other cause can be ocular migraine which can occur anytime.
mysticdoc : Allergic reaction to the food or environmental allergen can cause this as well.
mysticdoc : Medication side effects if she has been on any medication is another possibility.
mysticdoc : Hence, it will be better to get a clinical evaluation soon preferably in the ER given the above possibilities.
mysticdoc : Best wishes,
This is the link to my profile: