Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Polypoidal mucosal thickening noted in both maxillary sinus(R>L)

Polypoidal mucosal thickening noted in both maxillary sinus(R>L) with blockage of bilateral osteomeatal complex with mild extension into nasal cavity through widened right sided meatus
Hello!

The Ct report sounds that you will need an ENT to do a surgical intervention to open this up. The right side is worse than the left but both sound blocked. To open the maxillary sinuses up would help to relieve obstruction and likely recurrent infections.

I hope this information helps! Let me know if you have further questions. I will be happy to get back with you. If my responses have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. That would be very much appreciated. Thank you and best regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The ct scan also says,soft tissue density collection noted in bilateral ethmoid air cells .Retroverted and pneumatised left middle turbinate
The ethmoid sinus are smaller and to the side of your nose.

You have inverted tissue with air in the middle turbinate - this is middle of the nose.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions .

Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How risky is the surgery and is there any alternative treatment
Hello!

The surgery is not mandatory but it sounds needed in your case. It is not high risk surgery but there are always some risk involved with such a procedure such as excess bleeding or infection. I would advise you to discuss this in great detail with your ENT specialist . Certain aspects if the problems may be temporarily improved with use of a decongestant spray such as Afrin but would not truly solve your set of problems.

I hope this is helpful Let me know if you have further questions. Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD