Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Does Mrsa go away after being treated with Bactrim or do you Have

Does Mrsa go away after being treated with Bactrim or do you
Have it forever ?

Anthony Bray MD : Hello!
Anthony Bray MD : First of all you do not have this infection or colonization forever!! It does not work that way !
Anthony Bray MD : Often MRSA proves to be sensitive to Bactrim and when this is the case then this antibiotic will eradicate the infection...
Anthony Bray MD : It is not always sensitive to Bactrim. Some strains may be resistant to this and require some other antibiotic such as Zyvox...
Anthony Bray MD : the staph bacteria in general commonly colonized the skin. You may rid yourself of lingering colonizing bacteria by bathing in 2 and1/2 inches of water with 1/2 cup of bleach added. Do this every other day times three and this should rid the skin if staph bacteria...
Anthony Bray MD : i hope this information helps
Anthony Bray MD : Let's know if you have further questions and I will be happy to get back with you!
Anthony Bray MD : if my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. That would be very much appreciated! Thank you and best regards!
Anthony Bray MD : Anthony Bray MD
Customer: Was given a Bactrim script for two pills twice a day .. How long is it for? One week or
Customer: two?
The length of treatment may depend on the infection. Two weeks would be plenty for most infections.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have further questions! Best regards!

Anthony Bray MD