Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience

I have hep c,,diabetic, 4 stints in heart, i have been having

I have hep c,,diabetic, 4 stints in heart, i have been having SEVERE to the bone chills, i have to cover up with 6 blankets, no temp. i always have a body temp of 94.6 is normal, then AFTER the chills i start to sweat severely, like the whole bed is soaked.during these attacks i can't breath i start to hyperventilate. My dr. says it could be my hep c, but my veins are too small and dehydrated they can't drawl blood from me. I went to 3 hospt. and 2 help center and no luck drawling blood...can u help me??
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX and I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

I'm sorry to hear about this

Dr Brims :

So the main issue you have right now is drawing blood?

Customer:

No what do you think is causing these severe chills? my wife says my eyes roll back and my face is blood red, and I just shake and jerk. What can I do during these attacks and what do you thinks is causing them?

Dr Brims :

The chills may be the result of a systemic infection, the source of the infection could be many areas in your body, the blood draw to determine the source is essential

Dr Brims :

You need a test called a blood culture

Customer:

should I just cover up and sweat it out when these attacks happen or do as my wife wants and call 911? I had a very bad one last night lasted about 20 mins.. plus what can I do if anything so they can find a vein to draw blood? i'm kinda in a hard spot with my veins.

Dr Brims :

If you can't breath during the attacks then you should call 911. To get blood they don't need a vein, they can do a femoral stick to take blood from your femoral vein, or take blood from an artery. Any doctor can do these

Dr Brims :

They don't need to locate a vein to do them

Customer:

ok, so it sounds like i'm doing everything possible during these attacks? It just scaring me because they are getting worse and more severe. Thanks for they help.

Dr Brims :

You're very welcome

Dr Brims :

If you have questions in the future you may request me

Dr Brims :

If you have any other questions on this topic please feel free to ask

Dr Brims :

I think you're doing everything possible during these attacks

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience