Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained

hello, I went to my Dr yesterday with upper respatory issues,

Customer Question

hello, I went to my Dr yesterday with upper respatory issues, she said to use my rescue inhaler instead of my breathing machine and to take my Coricidin, and today I am worse, should I go see my Pulm Dr or go to the ER, I feel terrible almost like my lungs cant get in a full breath and they hurt
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Cameron replied 3 years ago.
I am an ER doctor.
If you were to see your pulmonologist, what time would you be able to see them?
How short of breath are you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

don't know what time they can get me in, not to short of breath, I told her I was coughing up green stuff, not all the time though, and she did hear some wheazing

Thanks Connie
Well, if you do not feel that short of breath and you can see your doctor sometime during the morning or mid afternoon, that is your best option- because your pulmonologist should be guiding your care.
In the meantime, you certainly CAN use your machine and that is exactly what we would be doing in the ER
BUt if you do feel like you cannot speak in full sentences or you are short of breath with walking to the bathroom, then you need to go to the ER

I hope that this answered your question!

Please leave positive feedback if it did :-)
hi Connie
It appears that our conversation did not close properly.
Is there something else you wanted to ask about this issue or did I provide you with excellent service? :-)?
Expert:  Karel1 replied 3 years ago.
If you are coughing up green sputum, you definitely need to see an md. Green is infection, which means you must be on antibiotics.
That is absolutely incorrect. Green sputum does not equate antibiotics. you can have green sputum in the presence of viral or bacterial infection. The need for antibiotics depends on many variables including chest X-ray, response to previous treatment and fever.