Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I have been in a manogomous relationship for about 1.5 years.

Customer Question

I have been in a manogomous relationship for about 1.5 years. We have been having unprotected sex since we first started dating. We had sex the other night and the next day I found what looked like a pimple on my foreskin or some other kind of bump. It is white and approx a .5 millimeter wide. There is a little pain but nothing serious. It doesn't hurt to touch. I have tried to squeeze it a little bit and nothing came out. I didn't want to try harder because I didn't want to male it worse.

Is this an infection I should be worried about? I find it hard to think it could be an STI. I mean why wouldn't have showed up a long time ago?

Please any help would be great..
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

This can be pearly penile papule which is not a STI. Pearly penile papule does not require any treatment and resolve spontaneously. Allergic skin reaction or friction bump may also be the other possibilities. You may consider a physical examination by your doctor for the confirmation and to rule out molluscum contagiosum or herpes simplex infection which are sexually transmitted disease. Rarely herpes may manifest after a long time of relationship. But with your description, it is quite unlikely to be STI.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

there isnt any scabbing or "weeping" but the bump seems to be hard in nature when i press on it in the shower. i first noticed the bump last friday so it has been 4-5 days. if it was herpes would it have scabbed over by now? would it be more painful? is there any chance it could be a wartk?

Wart are usually skin colored and projected from the skin. A herpes sore is usually painful. This seems to be more of non sexually transmitted issue. Genitals would not essentially have only STD issues. Skin on and around genitals can have other non STD problems too as the skin elsewhere in our body.

It is privilege assisting you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok, thaj.k l

You are very welcome.

A positive rating would be highly appreciated as this is the only we are credited and compensated for the time and expertize.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

if it is a wart would the time period make sense? any other symptoms?

Wart are finger like projections usually and skin colored and most of the time more than one. So here chance of wart is less. Usually a wart would have appeared early in the relationship.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

herpe would be very painful? would it have scabs by now?

Yes, herpes is painful and would scab in around 5-7 days.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i wish i could send you a picture but it wont let me on this computer. so,just one more question. it is below the head of my penis about 2 on the shaft/foreskin. there is only one. it appears to be about 1to .5 a millimeter wide. i do have a little pain but the pain is more annoying than really painful. probably painful level 2 out of 10. there is no discharge and nothing comes out when i squeez it. it appears to have a white top but not like a pimple and doesnt seem to be oily. when i squeeze it on the other side of the foreskin it appears to be like a hard bump. it doest hurt to touch.

With your description it does not seem to be STD / herpes. You may post the picture at a file sharing site like www.mediafire.com. Paste the link here so I can access it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qkex6gdvk8okfob

1372222664169.jpg

try this

The link says:

Access Denied

This download link has already been bound to another user. Please request a new link from the file owner.

Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance.
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine