Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Do you think i abuse vicodin

Customer Question

Do you think i abuse vicodin
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Sorry about that--I really am--but I can't bend the rules. Now, before I answer, tell me why you ask and be specific
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I was talking to my
Cousin and he said that theres no way i still hurt bad enough to warrant taking vicodin. He says i take it for thr high
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
But what do you say?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I dont think i have a problem with abusing it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Neither do I and the term abuse is a very specific medical term
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have a question. When this last ulcer heals will my stomach hurt less? Be honest
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Yes it should help a lot with that
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do you think itll heal? What else besides vicodin can i try
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
It will heal but first the reason for it needs to be found and that's what the Mayo is working on. Vicodin is strong enough and you're precluded from NSAID's so about the only other thing would be tramadol
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How come its taking so long to heal? Are you done thinking is crohns
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
No to being done with considering Crohns and actually this is acting like Crohn's. I'd consider putting you on prednisone for a while
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Last gi things You do know that noone
Besides you mentions crohns. You do knkw tht my gi dr doesnt want to to be on prednisone. But seriously why is it taking so long to heal. Do you really think i need to see the dietician
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
I can't be sure what's taking so long but it obviously isn't an acquired problem like from NSAID's. I don't think a dietician can help you one bit
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
So in your opinion i dont need it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
You know enough from what I've told you about proper diet so no I don't think you need a dietician
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have a medical question. I had a pedicure and they cut me. The cut goes from the cuticle down. Its red and swollen by my nailbed and it looks pussy. When i push down on my toenail it hurts
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Obviously infected. You can try soaking in Epsom salts and applying Neosporin but unless that begins to clear it up in a few days you'd need antibiotics.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is it possible for pus to form under the nail
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Anything you wanna know
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Are you finally done with Marty?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I havent talked to him since early sunday am
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
That's not what I asked and you know it
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I cant answer that
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Then nothing more for now that I want to know.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are you angry or disappointed or frustrated with me? I would love to say that im done with him
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
None of that but no need to talk any further about it--I'm just going to assume you'll never decide to let him go
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thats not fair, you cant say that. Im scared to leave him
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
What's unfair about saying that since you haven't done it after all that's gone on I just don't think you will? Maybe you'll surprise me, but I won't hold my breath
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That hurts my feelings a lot. Ive kicked him out for a long time before
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
And always brought him back.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do you have to be mean when im already down
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Tell me--how exactly was what I said mean? I don't think you use the word mean properly sometimes.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Maybe not mean but brutally honest
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Nothing brutal about it--you knew what I would say to your saying you've kicked him out before
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
And just fyi if i find out hes doing heroin again there will be no taking him back
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
That's still putting limitations on your decision and it's a what if again
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I dont know how to cut him out of my life forever. What are the signs of heroin use
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Of course you know how to do that--don't act dumb. Behavioral changes, unexplained absences and broken promises, pin point pupils, slurring words, nodding off.........
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I dont know how to do it and not keep taking him back
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
It's not a matter of knowing how--you just do it.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Anything more?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do you think theres amy foods i should avoid
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
We've been through this before. Fatty, spicy, and dairy products. No citric acid foods like certain fruits, tomatoes.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok. Will the cholystyramine heal
The ulcer i have? And what do you think thr next step will be after they check the gastin level
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Did you ask why specifically they put you one that?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I was already on it they just increased it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Not sure why--it's a bile salt sequestering drug usually used for high cholesterol and sometimes for diarrhea but it isn't for ulcers and gastritis.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Saw my psychiatrist today anf was started on lorazepam 0.5 mg BID
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Unless the two of you had something substantial to talk about there's no reason to go there
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We really didnt talk about much. The dr at mayo said if im not going to follow all his recommendations then why did i come there. This is regarding the dietician thing. The psychiatrist and my gi de said its unnecessary.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Well, I understand his point--he just doesn't know you as well as I do.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I told him he could talk to my therapist and my psychiatrist. That should be enough for him. Its aXXXXXone way for a 1 hr appointment
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
OK--we're starting to chat here
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What the heck do i do about this
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
About what?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The whole stupid dietician thing. Also you didnt comment on the lorazepam
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
I didn't comment on the lorazepam because I had nothing to say. As I told you before, most of your problem requires intense psychotherapy and can't really be treated with meds that only put a bandaid on the wounds. As for the dietician--your call. I would advise you if you were my patient to follow all the Mayo doc's recommendations, and, of course, you could ask to see a dietician where you are and not in Rochester
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did ask that. And the response was this one is specifically trained in eating disorders. I dont really have what id consider a real eating disorder
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Then I stand by my saying that you should follow all his recommendations
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Seriously
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Stop--I don't play games and I don't lie so stop trying to get me to change what I say
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yesterday you didnt think i needed to
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
I don't but that doesn't mean I should tell you not to do everything the Mayo wants you to do--that is if you want to take full advantage of a top US facility and want to do all you can to resolve your physical problems
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My fricken eating issue has nothung to do with my stomach issue
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Stop debating with me--that's chatting and negative and not productive. I answered that question--if you really were my patient I'd tell you to do all that the Mayo doc wanted you to do
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This is bs. I should have never went to mayo
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Either change the subject to something we can productively discuss for a brief time, or I'll opt out. I don't need to here you gripe about this
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do you thunk i need to find a new psychiatrist
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Absolutely
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Why?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Because she's not treating you with sit-down hard work psychoanalytic sessions which is what you need--she's just giving you medication and I already said that's like putting a bandaid on a festering wound and thinking that if you can't actually see the wound then things will be fine
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I dont think right now my anxiety is controlable
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Maybe so but the lorazepam is only a temporary bandaid for it
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do you think j should take the lorazepam
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
If you need it--and only when you need it--it's OK for maybe a week or two but no more
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
So not bid for the next 6 weeks until i see her again
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
I wouldn't prescribe it like that for you. And, by the way--does she know about your attempts at you-know-what that we can't really discuss here?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
She doesnt know about the attempts
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Ok--anything else for now because we're slowing down?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Why is my anxiety so bad
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
A lot of it is brought on by your negative thoughts and the what if's and the oh, no, not this again and the everybody's bothering me and not just a free-floating anxiety syndrome
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It has never been this high. I had a panic attack at work. Not good
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
So what more do you need me to say?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Idk. I just really feel defeated. And the lonliness hAs really hit me hard esp today
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
I understand but we need to close the page so is there anything else specific for me to say?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ahen will i stop struggling
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
When you're able to get in front of a real therapist who will actively work with you on the problems. Of course, that would entail your working with the therapist and opening up about everything
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Im sad and dont want to get out of bed today
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
I'll talk to you about this just briefly and then we need to close the page. Sad about anything in specific?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No just sad in general
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Well sad usually means sad about something. Sounds more like depression. Any different from other times when it hits you?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Its just more severe
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Well, get out of bed and get going and get busy--that always helps
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I just dont care anymore
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Enough for now--this will just get us back to going over old ground. If need be, call your therapist.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Whyd u opt out
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Finished with that page--answered your questions and no need to go on. Remember the rules. You don't have to rate this page but I can't just keep on answering and talking to you with no rating from time to time
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are you angry at me for some reason
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
No but if you post anything else on this page I'll have to opt out. I have to do that because it's the only way I can get off the page without being locked against other questions until I respond to you--I can't just ignore your comment and go on to other questions
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice