Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Do you think i abuse vicodin

Customer Question

Do you think i abuse vicodin
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about that--I really am--but I can't bend the rules. Now, before I answer, tell me why you ask and be specific
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was talking to my
Cousin and he said that theres no way i still hurt bad enough to warrant taking vicodin. He says i take it for thr high
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
But what do you say?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont think i have a problem with abusing it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Neither do I and the term abuse is a very specific medical term
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a question. When this last ulcer heals will my stomach hurt less? Be honest
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes it should help a lot with that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think itll heal? What else besides vicodin can i try
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
It will heal but first the reason for it needs to be found and that's what the Mayo is working on. Vicodin is strong enough and you're precluded from NSAID's so about the only other thing would be tramadol
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How come its taking so long to heal? Are you done thinking is crohns
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No to being done with considering Crohns and actually this is acting like Crohn's. I'd consider putting you on prednisone for a while
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Last gi things You do know that noone
Besides you mentions crohns. You do knkw tht my gi dr doesnt want to to be on prednisone. But seriously why is it taking so long to heal. Do you really think i need to see the dietician
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I can't be sure what's taking so long but it obviously isn't an acquired problem like from NSAID's. I don't think a dietician can help you one bit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So in your opinion i dont need it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You know enough from what I've told you about proper diet so no I don't think you need a dietician
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a medical question. I had a pedicure and they cut me. The cut goes from the cuticle down. Its red and swollen by my nailbed and it looks pussy. When i push down on my toenail it hurts
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Obviously infected. You can try soaking in Epsom salts and applying Neosporin but unless that begins to clear it up in a few days you'd need antibiotics.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible for pus to form under the nail
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anything you wanna know
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Are you finally done with Marty?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I havent talked to him since early sunday am
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
That's not what I asked and you know it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cant answer that
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Then nothing more for now that I want to know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you angry or disappointed or frustrated with me? I would love to say that im done with him
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
None of that but no need to talk any further about it--I'm just going to assume you'll never decide to let him go
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats not fair, you cant say that. Im scared to leave him
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
What's unfair about saying that since you haven't done it after all that's gone on I just don't think you will? Maybe you'll surprise me, but I won't hold my breath
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That hurts my feelings a lot. Ive kicked him out for a long time before
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
And always brought him back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have to be mean when im already down
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Tell me--how exactly was what I said mean? I don't think you use the word mean properly sometimes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe not mean but brutally honest
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Nothing brutal about it--you knew what I would say to your saying you've kicked him out before
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And just fyi if i find out hes doing heroin again there will be no taking him back
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
That's still putting limitations on your decision and it's a what if again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont know how to cut him out of my life forever. What are the signs of heroin use
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Of course you know how to do that--don't act dumb. Behavioral changes, unexplained absences and broken promises, pin point pupils, slurring words, nodding off.........
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont know how to do it and not keep taking him back
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
It's not a matter of knowing how--you just do it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Anything more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think theres amy foods i should avoid
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
We've been through this before. Fatty, spicy, and dairy products. No citric acid foods like certain fruits, tomatoes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Will the cholystyramine heal
The ulcer i have? And what do you think thr next step will be after they check the gastin level
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Did you ask why specifically they put you one that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was already on it they just increased it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Not sure why--it's a bile salt sequestering drug usually used for high cholesterol and sometimes for diarrhea but it isn't for ulcers and gastritis.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Saw my psychiatrist today anf was started on lorazepam 0.5 mg BID
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Unless the two of you had something substantial to talk about there's no reason to go there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We really didnt talk about much. The dr at mayo said if im not going to follow all his recommendations then why did i come there. This is regarding the dietician thing. The psychiatrist and my gi de said its unnecessary.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, I understand his point--he just doesn't know you as well as I do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I told him he could talk to my therapist and my psychiatrist. That should be enough for him. Its aXXXXXone way for a 1 hr appointment
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--we're starting to chat here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What the heck do i do about this
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
About what?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The whole stupid dietician thing. Also you didnt comment on the lorazepam
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I didn't comment on the lorazepam because I had nothing to say. As I told you before, most of your problem requires intense psychotherapy and can't really be treated with meds that only put a bandaid on the wounds. As for the dietician--your call. I would advise you if you were my patient to follow all the Mayo doc's recommendations, and, of course, you could ask to see a dietician where you are and not in Rochester
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did ask that. And the response was this one is specifically trained in eating disorders. I dont really have what id consider a real eating disorder
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Then I stand by my saying that you should follow all his recommendations
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Seriously
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Stop--I don't play games and I don't lie so stop trying to get me to change what I say
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yesterday you didnt think i needed to
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I don't but that doesn't mean I should tell you not to do everything the Mayo wants you to do--that is if you want to take full advantage of a top US facility and want to do all you can to resolve your physical problems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My fricken eating issue has nothung to do with my stomach issue
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Stop debating with me--that's chatting and negative and not productive. I answered that question--if you really were my patient I'd tell you to do all that the Mayo doc wanted you to do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is bs. I should have never went to mayo
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Either change the subject to something we can productively discuss for a brief time, or I'll opt out. I don't need to here you gripe about this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you thunk i need to find a new psychiatrist
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Absolutely
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Because she's not treating you with sit-down hard work psychoanalytic sessions which is what you need--she's just giving you medication and I already said that's like putting a bandaid on a festering wound and thinking that if you can't actually see the wound then things will be fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont think right now my anxiety is controlable
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Maybe so but the lorazepam is only a temporary bandaid for it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think j should take the lorazepam
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
If you need it--and only when you need it--it's OK for maybe a week or two but no more
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So not bid for the next 6 weeks until i see her again
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I wouldn't prescribe it like that for you. And, by the way--does she know about your attempts at you-know-what that we can't really discuss here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She doesnt know about the attempts
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Ok--anything else for now because we're slowing down?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why is my anxiety so bad
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
A lot of it is brought on by your negative thoughts and the what if's and the oh, no, not this again and the everybody's bothering me and not just a free-floating anxiety syndrome
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has never been this high. I had a panic attack at work. Not good
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So what more do you need me to say?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Idk. I just really feel defeated. And the lonliness hAs really hit me hard esp today
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I understand but we need to close the page so is there anything else specific for me to say?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ahen will i stop struggling
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
When you're able to get in front of a real therapist who will actively work with you on the problems. Of course, that would entail your working with the therapist and opening up about everything
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im sad and dont want to get out of bed today
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I'll talk to you about this just briefly and then we need to close the page. Sad about anything in specific?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No just sad in general
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well sad usually means sad about something. Sounds more like depression. Any different from other times when it hits you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its just more severe
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, get out of bed and get going and get busy--that always helps
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just dont care anymore
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Enough for now--this will just get us back to going over old ground. If need be, call your therapist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whyd u opt out
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Finished with that page--answered your questions and no need to go on. Remember the rules. You don't have to rate this page but I can't just keep on answering and talking to you with no rating from time to time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you angry at me for some reason
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No but if you post anything else on this page I'll have to opt out. I have to do that because it's the only way I can get off the page without being locked against other questions until I respond to you--I can't just ignore your comment and go on to other questions
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice