Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

I have been told by a friend of mine that is a nurse that if

I have been told by a friend of mine that is a nurse that if my PET scan was positive for lung cancer they probably would have called me in 1-2 days. I am on day should I consider that a good sign?

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

Yes, if there was cancer, the call is likely to be done immediately (within 2-3 days). Thus if you have not heard from them on day 4, PET is most likely normal. An another reason can be to get a second opinion, from another radiologist, but that too is a pointer that cancer was not likely found. A delay due to week-end may also occur sometimes.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well, I had it done last Wed. Yesterday I called and they said "let me check....the nurse will call you before five" and she didn't. I wonder if that indicates positive or negative? I know I am obsessing...LOL.

Hello Tara,

This is a pointer that it is not likely to be anything serious.

It is privilege assisting you.