A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. Private practice & hospitalist

I have had pressure on my teeth front and back row for about

I take good care of my teeth, flossing regularly, and brushing consistently.Until recently, I've had pressure on my teeth front and back row for about a week now, along with a nasal pressure and headache. I'm sure its sinuses, because of the symptoms, and never had sinus headache before but from other people, I've heard that its the case. my left side of my face along with my gum and teeth are aching. The pain for the past few days has been switching on and off on other sides of my face. Is this still sinuses? I've never had a sinus headache before, or sinus congestion, so I'd like to know.

Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 10 months ago.

Welcome and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will do whatever I can to try and help you.

There are sinuses above both eyes (frontal sinuses), along the bridge of your nose/inner corner of your eyes (ethmoid, sphenoiod), and along your cheeks. It is probably the latter that are causing the problem. Since this has gone on for more than a week, you probably need to see a provider to see if you need antibiotics or not.

Meanwhile, a good decongestant (Sudafed is one) along with your Tylenol will make you feel better and help relieve the pressure. It is probably best to use the tiny red Sudafed pills (or generic version is fine) rather than the ones that last 12 or 24 hours. The longer-lasting ones sometimes make people feel jittery and nervous. (They have to scrape me off the ceiling if I take one of them, but one of the little ones every 4-6 hours does fine.)

Warm compresses may also help relieve the pain. Some people like cold compresses. Try one of each and see which feels better for you.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Best regards,

Schuyler

ξ

A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience: Board Certified NP, MS, RN. Private practice & hospitalist