Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

My daughter (6 years) has what seems to be a wart on her toe.

My daughter (6 years) has what seems to be a wart on her toe. I want to know if it is contagious through the pool water (salt water)? My husband is getting the treatment for it now.
Hi. No, the wart isn't contagious through the pool water and really is only contagious with direct contact--skin to skin--but even then touching someone's wart doesn't usually transfer the virus.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you! We are pretty sure that it is a wart. Is there any danger in giving an over the counter wart treatment?

No danger at all in using something like salicylic acid to try to remove the wart. But just use it no more than three times and then if it's persistent, you can have a dermatologist freeze it off with liquid nitrogen