Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties
28277873

My husband is 53 years old. No medical problems. Had his

My husband is 53 years old. No medical problems. Had his gallbladder removed in 1999. Today I called him and he was at home from work, curled up in the floor with severe abdominal pain, sweating. He threw up once. He said it felt like when he had gallstones. He said he felt like if he had a bowel movement he would feel better. However, he had two movements this morning. Not blocked in any way. Should he seek medical attention right away? Or just see if pain subsides?

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.

I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and i will do my best to help you today.

Okay, he should get to urgent care as soon as possible for evaluation.

This can be due to bowel perforation.

Acute pancreatitis.

Severe stomach ulcers.

Dissecting aneurysm.

And sometimes a cardiac pain may be felt in abdomen (atypical cardiac pain) and an EKG is mandatory to rule out any such problem.

Therefore, an urgent assessment is must here. This may eventually turn out to be a benign problem but ruling out serious problems will put your mind at ease and also helps to avoid any complications.

It was a pleasure assisting you and thank you very much for visiting us.

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service.

If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have contacted him again....he said that sweat has stopped and pain not as severe. He feels that he should just wait and see later. In your opinion and I do know that it is only an opinion, would you still have it checked?

Thank you for the follow up Jennifer.

Yes, i would still have checked it.

If this were only two episodes of vomiting, one could wait.

But having severe abdominal pain with this is a standard indication to go to ER.

Kindest Regards.