Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
3310972

If you prepare 5 ml of a 5 mcg/ml dilution from a stock drug

If you prepare 5 ml of a 5 mcg/ml dilution from a stock drug of 50 mcg/ml; how much drug and diluent are needed?
How do you solve this to get the answer?
Welcome and thanks for your question I am Dr. German I would be here to help you and give you assistance until you are satisfied, to have the same proportion of diluent , you need to divide:

1.50 mcg/ml / 5mcg /ml = 10 ml

2.Like you already have 1 ml ( 10ml -1ml = 9ml ) , you need to add 9 ml of diluent to the 50mcg/ml of stock drug .

3. Now you have the stock drug dilution of 50 mcg/10 ml and you will take 5ml of the drug dilution.

4. In conclusion , you will need 25 mcg of drug and 5 ml of diluent .

If you need any additional information I will be happy to continue further and assist you until you are completely satisfied . Good luck to you and have a good day !

Please leave a positive feedback ( click on excellent or good service ) if you are satisfied with my answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What would this answer be in ml? I have to choose from drug 0.5ml dil 4.5ml or drug 1ml dil 4ml or drug 4ml dil 1 ml

The answer would be the first one 0.5 ml dil 4.5ml .