Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience

I was told due to a ultrasound that I have kidney stones and

I was told due to a ultrasound that I have kidney stones and gallbladder stones. Nothing major they said although I ened up in the hosptial a few nights ago. Is it normal to feel a stromach ache and sick to your stomach. I feel like my stomach is jittery and is having spasms as well.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Saha :

Dr. Saha :

Thank you for your question,

Dr. Saha :

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

Dr. Saha :

Do you have both kidney and gall bladder stone?

Dr. Saha :

Do you know how many and how large are they?

Customer:

Yes that's what they told me. And the back pain has been off and on. Went to the emergency room two nights ago they said all my blood work was fine and gave me an antiinflammatory. That's all they did.

Customer:

They said they are small but I found three that were pretty good size.

Customer:

Now, I'm having stomach pain and feeling sick to my stomach off and on.

Dr. Saha :

Gall bladder stones can cause sickness, stomach pain.

Customer:

I'm eating very healthy and drinking a lot of water.

Dr. Saha :

Lower back pain can occur from kidney stone.

Customer:

it's flank pain and it comes and goes.

Dr. Saha :

Gall bladder stone can cause pain in the upper back too.

Customer:

Is there anything I should do?

Dr. Saha :

Flank pain can occur with kidney stone.

Customer:

Any suggestions?

Dr. Saha :

Did doctor suggest any further treatment?

Customer:

I'm seeing a urologist on Friday

Dr. Saha :

If the stones are small, then plenty of fluid can pass out kidney stone.

Customer:

How about lemon juice?

Customer:

I was just surprised that my stomach is now hurting.

Customer:

Like a tight belt around my waist.

Customer:

And it's jittery.

Dr. Saha :

Lemon juice can be taken.

Dr. Saha :

Take fluid as much as you can.

Dr. Saha :

Take pain killer like acetaminophen

Customer:

What about advil or that other stuff. Ibprofin or however it is spelled?

Dr. Saha :

Ibuprofen can be taken if the pain is too much.

Customer:

Okay, thank you. I'll try that.

Customer:

so it's normal for these to cause a stomach ache?

Dr. Saha :

You are welcome.

Dr. Saha :

At which part of stomach do you feel pain most?

Customer:

Up high all the way across

Customer:

like pressure.

Customer:

at times it feels like a little knife stabbing me on my left side in front of my flank area.

Customer:

I mean my stomach area right in front of the flank and hurts my back and that part of my stomach.

Dr. Saha :

Kidney pain can be felt both in the front and back of the abdomen.

Customer:

okay, well hopefully they will help me on Friday. Thank you.

Dr. Saha :

But as you have gall stone too, so you may have pain from both cause.

Customer:

Okay thank you.

Customer:

Bye.

Dr. Saha :

Take bland diet.

Dr. Saha :

Best wishes.

Customer:

Okay will do, thank you

Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 30 years of experience