Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

I have a black and blue mark on my leg. Im not sure how it

Customer Question

I have a black and blue mark on my leg. I'm not sure how it got there. If I'm sitting down, it hurts to walk but after a while it goes away
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 3 years ago.

Anthony Bray MD : Hello!
Anthony Bray MD : It sounds like a simple bruise. It often occurs that people get bruises but do not rember the time of the injury....
Anthony Bray MD : We do not record 100% of a days occurances-- not even close!!
Customer :

Customer :

What about the pain when I get up after sitting down. I've had lots of black and blue marks but nothing with pain

Anthony Bray MD : If a bump to the leg occurred then chances are good that you would NOT record it to your memory if it were not too severe...
Anthony Bray MD : We see this occurance quite frequently actually ... I could not count the number of times that patients came to me with this type of " mysterious" bruise that the individual just had no recall of the actual injury!!
Anthony Bray MD : i hope that this information helps! Let me know if you have furher questions and I will be happy to get back with you !
Customer :

I'm not questioning why I don't remember it. I'm more interested in why it's painful. I've had it for about a week and when I get up I can't straighten out but after a few minutes I can walk

Anthony Bray MD : if my responses have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback! That would be very much appreciated! Thank you and best regards!
Anthony Bray MD : Anthony Bray MD
Customer :

you didn't answer my question. This was no help at all

Anthony Bray MD : A bruise is typically painful and sore to the touch...
Anthony Bray MD : A bruise to a muscle will be painful with certain movements of the muscle.