Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

Over the last 2 weeks, I have had a fever, chills, fatigue,

Over the last 2 weeks, I have had a fever, chills, fatigue, headaches, a cough (with green and yellow phlegm), and a rattle in my chest. After about 8 days, the fever and chills had not gone away, so I bit the bullet and went to the doctor. The doctor said that I had acute bronchitis and prescribed me Azithromycin (250 mg). Now, the fever and chills have gone away and the cough has improved, BUT I started getting cold night sweats, leaving my shirts drenched. Can this be caused by the same illness I have had? If not, why is showing up now?

Anthony Bray MD : Hello!
Anthony Bray MD : Yes it may be related to your respiratory infection. The night sweats is often caused by nocturnal fevers.
Anthony Bray MD : it could be that you had a more severe bronchitis or even pneumonia that may have been incompletely treated by the antibiotic.
Anthony Bray MD : I would advise that you have a follow up with your doctor.
Anthony Bray MD : i think it would be a good idea for you to have a chest X-ray .
Anthony Bray MD : I hope that this information is helpful for you. Let me know if you have further questions and I will be happy to get back with you!
Anthony Bray MD : If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback . That would be very much appreciated!
Anthony Bray MD : Thank you and best regards,
Anthony Bray MD : Anthony Bray MD

Thank you for the response. My doctor gave me a 5 day dosage of the antibiotic and told me that it should still be in my system another 5 days after the last pill was taken (which I took yesterday). The night sweats showed up when I started taking the antibiotics. There is a substantial improvement with how I am feeling, with a minor cough/wheeze and these night sweats. Should I wait until the 10 day cycle is complete (which would be this Thursday) to follow up with my doctor?

Anthony Bray MD : Hello again,
Anthony Bray MD : yes I think that would be fine!
Anthony Bray MD : Hopefully you will be feeling better by day 10...
Anthony Bray MD : let me know if you have further questions!
Anthony Bray MD : take care!

Anthony Bray MD : Anthony Bray MD

Many thank yous!

Anthony Bray MD : YOU are very welcome!