Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

I have been out of commission for 5 days with a combination

I have been out of commission for 5 days with a combination of bad headaches and brutal post nasal drip that is non stop. In addition I take 10 steps and I am very weak and short of breath. I had an 'attack' if sorts a few nights ago in the center of my chest that felt like a hot knot the size of a lime was under my sternum. I also feel like I need to get a ton of junk out of my lungs - but I am not coughing nor do I have a runny nose - just this insane post nasal drip. I wouldn't have any idea what to do to get some relief - nor who to see if I was to call a Dr. Any ideas what the root of the evil might be and what I could do to feel better?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Saha :

Dr. Saha :

Thank you for your question,

Dr. Saha :

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

Dr. Saha :

How is your temperature?

Dr. Saha :

How is your blood pressure, pulse?

Dr. Saha :

Please enter your reply.

Dr. Saha :

Are you still having shortness of breath?

Dr. Saha :

There can be a few possibilities..

Dr. Saha :

Headache, sinus pressure, pain in the region of teeth, post nasal drip can be due to sinusitis.

Dr. Saha :

As you had shortness of breath, knot feeling in the center of chest there can be infection in the lungs, pneumonia too.

Dr. Saha :

Other possibility of such sensation in the center of chest can be heart issues, reflux.

Dr. Saha :

I would suggest to take an examination by doctor.

Dr. Saha :

You need to have tests like blood count, X ray, EKG etc

Dr. Saha :

You can need antibiotics.

Dr. Saha :

Please try to take plenty of fluid to keep good hydration.

Dr. Saha :

You may be having difficulty in entering chat.

Dr. Saha :

I am changing to question & answer format.

Dr. Saha :

Please feel free to ask, if you have any further query.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Dr. Saha,

My temperature might be up slightly but not a lot.

No issues with blood pressure or pulse.

Breathing is more a difficulty mechaniclly than a shortness.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm here but having trouble replying

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Having trouble replying but still trying - it keeps booting me back to the main page

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

With those symptoms & normal pressure, pulse, it is more related to lungs or respiratory tract.

You need an examination by doctor.

You should not wait further.

Home remedy will not help at this point.

You can take tylenol for pain.

Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 35 years of experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. What kind of Dr should I see?

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
You can consult your primary doctor.

If there is delay, then you can go to urgent care today.