Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience

Woke up with a small lump under my jaw is this a swollen lymph

Woke up with a small lump under my jaw is this a swollen lymph noid ?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question,

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

When did you notice it?

In exactly which location under the jaw?

Is there any pain, redness, rise of temperature?

How large is it?

Is it increasing in size?

Is it soft or firm? Does it move?

Do you have any other symptom?

Any pain inside mouth or throat?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just noticed it this morning about a hr ago..no Fever no redness..some difficulty swolling...located under right side of jaw..about 3/4 inch in size..it is firm to the touch and hurts applying pressure
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information.

From analyzing your symptoms, it is likely to be an inflamed lymph node.

Lymph node can be enlarged & inflamed if there is an infection/inflammation in its draining area.

In mouth or throat infection or inflammation, lymph node can be enlarged under the jaw.

As you are having difficulty in swallowing, there can be an infection or inflammation inside.

Other possibility is an infection or abscess of skin, inflamed cyst.

I would suggest to have an examination by doctor.

In case of a bacterial infection, antibiotics can be needed..

You can apply moist warm compress over it.

Anti inflammatory analgesics as you have taken can be taken.
You can also do warm salt water gargling.

I hope this information helps.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Regards.
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 30 years of experience