Karel1, Certified Respiratory Therapist
Experience:  Have suffered with Narcolepsy a sleeping disorder over 30 years,specializes in asthma ,COPD

InXXXXXdetermined that I had a 25% misalignment in my

Customer Question

InXXXXXdetermined that I had a 25% misalignment in my S1 from an injury I had from many years ago. In Sept 2012 I started a new job with a production company. I had never done this type of work and just thought the pain was from being a little out of shape and not used to that type of work. 9 months later it has only gotten worse. In January I started experiencing sever knee pain and noticed that I had knots on my left knee cap. I have severe back pain and severe knee pain that is only getting worse and almost to a point that I can no longer perform my job. I am 4 months from having health insurance. I need something to control this pain until I have insurance to get the issues resolved. Concerned that going to a local Dr could document preexisting and insurance may not cover it when I qualify for coverage. What are my options?
Category: Health
Expert:  Karel1 replied 3 years ago.
One can no longer refuse you due to pre-existing coverage, so if you can afford it. I would see a doctor. Either a pain management or sports medicine . I myself just had 3 epidurals on my Sacroilliac joint, and 2 nerve ablations. Unfortunately I find that the pain medicine simply makes you gaga. You might want to try over the counter naprosyn or napoxolene sodium . ,which is also aleve. They sell them 200mg. each. If you take 3 every 8 hours .600 is considered hospital strength. It may help take the edge off and its anti inflammatory. But the best thing is constant ice packs you can wrap around your knee as well as on your back, It freezes the pain.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Certified Respiratory Therapist, are you kidding me? You ANSWER is stupid. I've been taking prescription strength pain meds that barely work and you suggest Aleve and ice packs. I hope you're better at Respiratory Therapy than you are this issue!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think I'll discuss this with someone more qualified to answer my question. Thank you anyway! I thought I was getting answers from someone that specialized in this field!