A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

A1c 8.9 due steroid use Addisons Fasting bs 100 ave afternoon

A1c 8.9 due steroid use Addisons
Fasting bs 100 ave afternoon bs 180-200
Taking janumet.
PA states exercise immediately after lunch
Startred taking iron

Answers provided are for informational use only and do not confer patient-provider relationship. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to try to help you.

Exercise doesn't have to be running. Just a walk is fine.

You also need to find out why your Hgb is low. It may not be from a lack of iron but for one of the other dozens of reasons one can have low hemoglobin. Have you had this done?

Best regards,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Internal hemorrhoid s bleeding

Recent ly resolved.

I ve been told type 2 diabetes

Can be reversed w exercise a diet?

I'm glad to hear the source of the low hemoglobin has been discovered and fixed. Your hemoglobin should improve as a direct result of this. As the hemoglobin improves, so should the fatigue so you feel more like vigorous exercise. Meanwhile, there is nothing wrong with walking around the parking lot for 30 minutes at lunch for starters. That will really help with glucose control the rest of the day. As you feel better, you can add whatever exercise is appealing to you.

An A1C of 8.9% means that your average blood glucose over the past 2-3 months has been averging about 210 mg/dL over that time. While blood glucose may be low in the morning after an overnight fast, most of the time our bodies are not in a fasting state. Careful attention to what is eaten, how much of it - and when - along with exercise can certainly help lower blood glucose. Whether it would be enough to get off metformin and Januvia is questionable. It can certainly be better than it is now with effort, and you won't knbw exactly how much it is going to help until you try.

If your PA hasn't sent you for diabetic education, please ask that s/he do this. Learning what to eat, how much, and when is paramount to managing diabetes. I can appreciate how difficult it is to manage high glucose since I'm a third generation diabetic.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Best regards,

Schuyler ξ