Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

If one goes on a diet and tries to lose weight, but he/she

If one goes on a diet and tries to lose weight, but he/she must still have his/her soft drinks, how many cokes should he/she try to limit per day? Is it O.K. if he/she limits himself/herself to 2 soft drinks per day? Is 2 the limit? Thank you.
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

Coke (330 ml) contains about 140 calories. So two calories would be around 280 calories. Which is already quite a huge amount of calorie for the drinks for a weight reducing diet (which would be around 1200-1400 per day). So obviously third drink would not be allowed. Ideal would be only one per day. The rest of the diet can be (sample diet);

1 Cup Cooked Oatmeal
Omelet (2 Egg Whites, 1 Slice Cheese, 1 Cup Broccoli)
Green tea
Orange or apple

Light Tuna one can
Orange or Apple
3 slices of whole wheat bread
Water or Diet Soda

Brazil nuts

One cup whole wheat pasta
One chicken breast
One cup of cooked cauliflower
Half Cup Marinara Sauce

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.