Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

I am 34 yrs old and just noticed a dark purple bruise on my

I am 34 yrs old and just noticed a dark purple bruise on my left side near my kidney. I am not experiencing any pain with it, I just thought it looked odd. No hits to this area recently or anything like that. Just not sure what to make off it.

Dr. R. Bora :

Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

Dr. R. Bora :

Do you prefer to chat live with me about your problem?

Dr. R. Bora :

How big is your bruise?

Dr. R. Bora :

Have you ever noticed such a bruise earlier?

Dr. R. Bora :

Please enter the chat format.

Dr. R. Bora :

I am waiting for your reply.

Dr. R. Bora :

Hello?

Hello Nick, you did not get into the chat format. I am in the question and answer format now.

I would like to know two things before I can answer your question.

How big is your bruise?

I am still available online to respond after you answer my query / queries.

Hello Nick?

How big is your bruise?

How long its been there?
I waited for your informative reply to the questions that I had posted, but you never sent me any information and went offline.

Anyway, from what you have described, the most logical explanation is that sometimes bruises occur from injuries that happen without our knowledge. Firstly, this may be have something to do with "fragile capillaries" , small blood vessels in your skin that bleed with the slightest trauma or pressure.Such bruises generally heal by themselves and are best left alone without the need for any treatment for follow up.

Secondly, if the bruise grows in size, some more pop up nearby or becomes painful, then you should see your doctor. This might be due to innummerable conditions and will need detailed evaluation.

But I think it is very likely that the bruise that you are having is from the first explanation.

So, good luck Nick.

If you have any further question, I would be happy to help you.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to rate my service positive once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!