Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

Hi I have to say that my tongue has been swollen for the past

Hi I have to say that my tongue has been swollen for the past 2 weeks. It is better today as I am taking lots of Vit. C. What could cause my tongue to swell and could that be why the Eos levels are highh?

HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. The presence of tongue swelling along with raised Eos levels clearly indicates that the cause of your tongue swelling is allergy. This allergy can be due to anything like your food or anything else in your environment. You should visit your doctor for this. The reduction in swelling is a good sign. In such cases OTC tab claritin should be taken once daily for two weeks as it is anti allergic tablet and counter the allergic process going on. I hope this helps you, I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.