Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD

My Eos levels went up from 3 to 9 on the last test. Everything

My Eos levels went up from 3 to 9 on the last test. Everything else was Ok but cholesteral is 225.

What does this mean? thanks sue
Welcome and thanks for your question I am Dr. German I would be here to help you and give you assistance until you are satisfied, when EOS levels increase is usually product of an allergic reaction, a parasite infection or an underlying inflammatory condition.

If you are completely fine with no symptoms at all , there is no need to worry . What doctors usually recommend is repeating the tests within 1-3 months.

If you have developed some symptoms like fever, skin allergies, diarrhea , shortness of breath, body aches or headaches , You should have a further medical evaluation including some urine and blood tests , a complete CBC count , a chest X-rays , allergy tests and a stool sample examination to determine what condition is affecting you so you can be treated properly.

Your cholesterol levels are slightly high , cholesterol increases for several reasons including : your genetic predisposition and unhealthy habits like being overweight and not eating properly .

With these levels , what doctors try is basically lifestyle measures like losing weight , exercising like walking in the park for 30 minutes 3 times a week ,reduce your fat consumption to no more than 10%, eat fish , a lot of fruits and vegetables and reduce your consumption of refined carbohydrates , when you cook try to use a minimal amount of oil and avoid fried foods .

Your doctor will repeat the test after 1-3 months have passed , if the results are still high , he would reconsider to see if you need cholesterol lowering medication like atorvastatin, fluvastatin or lovastatin among other options.

If you need any additional information I will be happy to continue further and assist you until you are completely satisfied . Good luck to you and have a good day !

Please leave a positive feedback ( click on excellent or good service ) if you are satisfied with my answer.