Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I am a 33 yo female experiencing mild back pain, irregular

I am a 33 yo female experiencing mild back pain, irregular bowel movements, nausea, fatigue, pain during urination, and upper abdominal discomfort. I have been to my Ob and gastroenterologist and all of my blood work is normal except slightly elevated liver enzymes. I ask about my pancreas and they both say I'm fine. I'm still worried. What could this be?

Dr. P. Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

hello would you like to chat on this?

JACUSTOMER-pe6ajbyi- : Sure
Dr. P. Jyoti :

hello any tests like Ultrasound or CT of the abdomen done?

JACUSTOMER-pe6ajbyi- : No
Dr. P. Jyoti :

well I would advise further tests for this

Dr. P. Jyoti :

blood tests alone are not sufficient to rule out all possibilities

Dr. P. Jyoti :

there are a number of possibilities here - inflammatory bowel diseases like Crohns or ulcertaive colitis, gall bladder stones, acid peptic dyspepsia, etc

Dr. P. Jyoti :

an Ultrasound of the whole abdomen is very important with these symptoms

Dr. P. Jyoti :

besides this, Upper GastroIntestinal Endoscopy and Colonoscopy are also tests to discuss with your doctor

Dr. P. Jyoti :

I would advise you to consult your Gastro again and discuss about these tests

Dr. P. Jyoti :

also ask about conditions like inflammatory bowel disorder and acid peptic dyspepsia

Dr. P. Jyoti :

take care

Dr. P. Jyoti :

any further questions?

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Are you satisfied with my answer? Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need.
Rating system is the row of faces below - click on a happy face to give a good rating. Thank you.

JACUSTOMER-pe6ajbyi- : Why would he say it isn't my pancreas and why isn't he worried about slightly elevated liver enzymes?
Dr. P. Jyoti :

thats right, perhaps on clinical examination he does not feel that any pancreatic or liver pathology is at work here

Dr. P. Jyoti :

but blood tests and clinical examination alone is not sufficient

Dr. P. Jyoti :

ask for an Ultrasound of the abdomen

Dr. P. Jyoti :

also as I said discuss about endoscopy and colonoscopy

Dr. P. Jyoti :

any further questions?

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Dr. P. Jyoti :

hello do you have any further questions to ask? Is there anything more you want to discuss?