Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

I noticed a small skin colored bump on the side of my penis

I noticed a small skin colored bump on the side of my penis about a week ago and tried to pop it (bad idea). There was a small amount of blood, but nothing else. It's been healing and now is reddish. I am pretty sure I have mild fordyce spots under the shaft, but nothing else on the sides/top of the shaft... My concern is genital wart vs fordyce spot vs whatever. Could you please help?
Hi--any chance of posting a photo either on this page or at Imageshack, Photobucket, or Snapfish and giving me the link?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Here you go.. I was having some issues attaching the files.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

One more link... Sorry. Having some technical issues.

Sorry for the delay--every one of those links says the photo has been removed?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cannot attach directly to my response for some reason. It's saying I don't have access.

I'm new to imageshack, so maybe I'm missing something. I've made these 2 images public. Please let me know if you can access them. If not, I'll try Photobucket or Snapfish.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Here's a link to the pics on photobucket.

Thanks--got it. You say this just suddenly appeared a week ago?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Maybe 10 days ago. Before I tried to pop it, it wasn't red and irritated.

OK--this looks like a simple cyst and not an STD and not really a Fordyce spot. Certainly not a venereal wart. That said, since I can't examine you myself, have a doctor take a look at it. If it bothers you, it would have to be excised under local anesthesia since there's nothing topical that would work on it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Dr. Chip! Will it clear up on it's own or do I need to see a Doctor to have it excised?

Just to be clear. No need for concern and no need to abstain from sex?

It might clear up on it's own but I doubt it will. No need for concern and you don't have an infection of any kind so sex is fine.