Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Hello, about a week ago I got a very acne like pimple on my

Hello, about a week ago I got a very acne like pimple on my penis, just one. I squeezed it a little because I knew this has happened before and some white liquid came out, but not much else. I cleaned it everyday with soap but a week later it still hasn't gone away.

I'm. It terribly worried it's an std, given that I have never had sexual interfourse ;but the day this problem appeared I had oral sex with someone who had been eating oily food, which I assumed the culprit).

Some help/advice?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

DR HASAN :

HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. I need few details.

DR HASAN :

How many hours back before developing that pimple, you had oral sex?

Customer:

I cannot remember, but I would approximate 10 hours.

Customer:

At least within the first 24 hours

DR HASAN :

Ok

DR HASAN :

Has that pimple gotten better than before?

Customer:

Not really, in terms of size it hasn't really shrunk

Customer:

I tried squeezing it, as said, and some liquid came out.

Customer:

But after a while the top of the pimple just glazed over,

Customer:

it hasn't really formed a crater, it's still just a dome

DR HASAN :

Was that painful or was there any burning?

Customer:

No burning

Customer:

By painful do you mean, when i was squeezing it?

DR HASAN :

Do you have any diagnosed medical problem?

DR HASAN :

No otherwise painful.

Customer:

It is not painful right now, obviously when i squeeze it i feel it a little, but it isn't any pain i wouldnt experience if i pinched myself anywhere else on my body

Customer:

and i have no diagnosed medical problem

Customer:

would a picture potentially help?

DR HASAN :

Yes but i am quite clear that what you had.

DR HASAN :

Upload a picture if you have.

Customer:

Okay, just give me a minute to get it up

DR HASAN :

ok sure

Customer:

Full Size Image

DR HASAN :

Thanks a lot for your input.

Customer:

Full Size Image

DR HASAN :

I am sorry to hear about your problem.

DR HASAN :

The pictures really help.

Customer:

Yes, this type of thing has occurred before. Long ago, when i used to use lubricant (but instead i used cooking oil) i developed pimples. They went away after a while,

DR HASAN :

STD of any kind with this description is not likely.

DR HASAN :

because every STD has an incubation period.

Customer:

Can you possibly explain that?

DR HASAN :

Incubation period means time between introduction of infection and development of symptoms.

DR HASAN :

This incubation period is from 3 days to many weeks.

DR HASAN :

Depending upon the type of STD.

Customer:

If looking at the picture alone, would it be possible to rule out STD?

Customer:

And what do you think this is?

DR HASAN :

So it's not possible to get pimple after 10 to 15 hours of oral sex.

DR HASAN :

I personally think that this is hair follicle infection.

DR HASAN :

You should apply neosporin ointment on it and should not rub or squeeze it.

DR HASAN :

Do this for a week and if it persist then you might need oral antibiotics.

Customer:

How long will this last?

DR HASAN :

However STD is not likely so please don't stress yourself.

DR HASAN :

It can last for couple of weeks.

Customer:

Well, so long as it isn't anything serious I am very happy to hear that.

DR HASAN :

Yes it is not serious as i explained.

DR HASAN :

The most important point is development of pimple on same day.

DR HASAN :

and there is no significant pain or anything else like burning etc.

DR HASAN :

Anything else you want to ask?

DR HASAN :

Any question?

Customer:

Well, while I have you on chat I may as well ask another genital area related question.

Around the areas where I grow hair, there can be found small bumps. This type of thing has occurred on my arms before, which i assumed to be because of hair growing underneath. is this normal?

DR HASAN :

How big are the bumps?

Customer:

Very small, never more than 1 mm

Customer:

They are not particularly tall bumps either

DR HASAN :

But how do you feel them?

Customer:

When cleaning out the genital area, If i feel the lower, forward facing part of the shaft i can often feel these small bumps.

Customer:

this has been happening for quite a few years, I might even say around the age of puberty.

Customer:

I simply assumed it was normal.

DR HASAN :

Yes there is nothing abnormal which present like this.

DR HASAN :

I guess either due to hair growth you might feel this.

DR HASAN :

or sometime there can be some normal skin counters but as such nothing abnormal present like this.

Customer:

Okay, that is all the questions i had. Thanks so much!

Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery