Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience

Hi! Im 52 yrs old, diabetic..few days back whenever I marstubate

Hi! I'm 52 yrs old, diabetic..few days back whenever I marstubate it does not ejaculate whenever I reach to the point as normal as it was..what do you think is the main couse of it?.. thanks
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Saha :

Dr. Saha :

Thank you for your question,

Dr. Saha :

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

Dr. Saha :

How many times did it occur?

Dr. Saha :

Please enter reply.

Dr. Saha :

Please write & click reply.

Customer:

It just bother me..

Customer:

about 3 times now

Dr. Saha :

Does it occur with masturbation only?

Customer:

I did not make any intercourse for more than a month now

Dr. Saha :

Can you have ejaculation with vaginal sex?

Dr. Saha :

Did you have any examination by doctor or any test recently?

Customer:

yeah..

Dr. Saha :

Sorry for your problem.

Dr. Saha :

There can be a few possibilities.

Customer:

no

Dr. Saha :

There can be back flow of the semen or retrograde ejaculation into the bladder making it invisible & imperceptible.

Dr. Saha :

Prostate problems can cause it .

Dr. Saha :

In some cases it can be due to psychological factor.

Dr. Saha :

An obstruction in the seminal ducts & impaired nerve supply can also cause it.

Customer:

ah,,,

Dr. Saha :

I would advise to have a consultation with an urologist.

Dr. Saha :

He can take a few tests like urine analysis, prostate examination, ultrasound etc.

Dr. Saha :

If you have any further query, please feel free to ask.

Customer:

I need to. I used to visit my neurologist but it was a year ago due to prostate problem..and i was given a medicine to take - Avodart dustasteride soft capsule

Customer:

I actually experience the same disorder when I was taking the maintenence..so i stopped it and had a normal ejaculation

Dr. Saha :

Are you taking them regularly?

Customer:

I stopped

Customer:

I dont ejaculate at all.. though..

Customer:

It was was first time I experience not ejaculating when i took Avodart.. so I stopped taking the same meds

Dr. Saha :

Avodart can cause ejaculation problem.

Dr. Saha :

You can take a review by urologist.

Dr. Saha :

He can change the medicine.

Dr. Saha :

In case of retrograde ejaculation medicines like sudafed can help if taken before sex to prevent retrograde flow.

Dr. Saha :

But you need an evaluation to know the exact issue.

Dr. Saha :

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
Customer:

few days ago I had a terrible tooth ache so I take Ponstant Forte.. but i noticed that I dont ejaculate during masturvation.. only few sperm came out though I felt It must be more as normal as I got

Dr. Saha :

Did it improve after that?

Customer:

what about sudafed? is it a tablet

Dr. Saha :

Yes.

Customer:

do you think ponstant had similar side effect doc?

Customer:

So I only tkae sodafed before intercourse? or I have to take it as suppliment rather then avodart...

Dr. Saha :

Ponstan may not be causing it.

Dr. Saha :

It is not a supplement.

Customer:

retrograde ejaculation is the med term for ejaculation disorder?

Dr. Saha :

Retrograde ejaculation is the back flow of semen.

Dr. Saha :

It is one form of ejaculation disorder.

Dr. Saha :

If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know

Customer:

astually I used to take cialis to generate more energy during intercourse.. is there any contraindication with sodafed?

Customer:

is sodafed can be purchased over the counter or need a doctors prescription..

Dr. Saha :

There is no reported interaction with cialis.

Dr. Saha :

In some places it is over the counter. You need to ask the local pharmacy.

Customer:

so, the health problem im facing now I must visit my neuroligist again to get a proper medication

Dr. Saha :

Not neurologist. You need to visit urologist.

Customer:

So, Avodart is not advisable any more for me to continue taking it.. or if the doctor prescribe the same thing.. Sodafed should be taken before intercourse.. is it once a day or do i need to take evry time I do intercourse... sorry.. im not familiar with medical terminoloy..so hard to compose..

Customer:

as i've said.. ok.. copy.. haha

Dr. Saha :

You need to inform the doctor about the problem with Avodart. He can then decide after examining the prostate, ultrasound etc.

Dr. Saha :

Sudafed only before intercourse. It is not for regular intake.

Customer:

what if I go do intercourse 2x a day.. just incase.. so I need to take again?

Customer:

doc, how does masturbation affect to health specially if it becomes habitual.. i mean..sometimes i do it regularly..

Dr. Saha :

It depends on when you take the first one. It can be taken after 12 hours depending on the preparation.

Dr. Saha :

Masturbation is usually not harmful.

Customer:

oic..

Customer:

even daily?

Dr. Saha :

Masturbation is considered as natural expression. It is harmless & does not cause ill effect. If it impairs the normal sex relation or affects daily activity then it can be a problem.

Customer:

what if sodafed is not available in local pharmacy.. is there anything that u can recommend..

Dr. Saha :

Doctor can prescribe imipramine if he feels suitable. It is prescription medicine & should not be taken without an evaluation by doctor.

Customer:

the imipramine?

Dr. Saha :

yes.

Customer:

but sodafed can be purchase over the counter without a doctors prescription right? is it prooven and effective doc?

Dr. Saha :

It has been observed to help by increasing the tone of outlet muscle of bladder thus preventing back flow.

Customer:

oh, i c.. thanks alot doc.. 'got to go.. have a wonderful time ahead.. wish to hear you again sometime soon..

Dr. Saha :

You are always welcome.

Dr. Saha :
If you are satisfied, please leave an excellent rating.

Good luck.

Customer:

goodbye...

Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 30 years of experience