Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

Hello. I have a hair follicle test I have to take for a child

Customer Question

Hello. I have a hair follicle test I have to take for a child custody battle for my Kindergartener. I am not a regular drug user. I used cocaine twice, the most recent time being May 3, 2013, and the other occasion was two weeks prior to that. My hair has always been bleach blonde, and I died my roots around May 20. My roots are about 1/3 of an inch long now, and I have not bleached to try to pass. There is conflicting information about this all over the web. I did make two mistakes the two times I used the drug, and I regret it very much. My sons father on the other hand has been a regular drug user since before I met him, but he is on probation for his 2nd dui, and I am under the impression that he has been clean from drugs for the last 90 days or so. (We live in VA, where I read they can only test appx. 90days with the follicle test.) I take weekly urine drug tests for my health care provider who prescribes me certain medications and weekly drug testing is their policy (I have multiple sclerosis). I have always had clean urine drug screens there. I guess I got lucky the two times I used cocaine, and was tested after the 3 days it was in my system. Again, I am not a regular drug user, and never have even experimented much, but the two times I used it, I admit I was hanging out with the wrong people, and was curious. I really would do anything to take it back now, because I did not know my son's father was trying for custody at the time. And I would do anything to pass this test, because my sons father hasn't been in my sons life, and only began to fight for custody after he went to jail for child support, when all I asked is for him to pay 1/2 of daycare. He is an alcoholic with anger problems who has been diagnosed as having bipolar and other mood/personality disorders. He is also in a physically abusive relationship with his current girlfriend, and it would be extremely sad for my son to have to go live in that. Please, let me know if there is any hope, for my child's sake.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 4 years ago.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name is Dr Brims and I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

I am sorry to hear about this situation

Dr Brims :

How much cocaine did you use each time?

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 4 years ago.
Were you able to see my replies in the chat session?