Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I am 27 I just had a normal EGD 5 months ago last two weeks

I am 27 I just had a normal EGD 5 months ago last two weeks everything seems to be getting stuck in my throat. when I swallow it moves extremely slow and sometimes it comes back up directly after I swallow I am scared and don't know what to do
Hi--why exactly did you have the EGD before? Is the current problem both with liquids and solids?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when I take in liquids I can feel It go down extremely slow. and then I feel it bubble up - this is brand new - for past 2 weeks ive been EXTREMELY stressed during this time-

EGD was down when I Was losing a lot of weight- for an unknown reason- we never found anything wrong other than I had gastritis- and I gained weight back. I also had colonoscopies that were normaml

OK--are you saying that sometimes the liquid comes back up into the back of your thoat? And does this only happen right after you've eaten or drunk something? And was the gastritis treated?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes sometimes the liquid comes back up DIRECTLY after I swallow - again ive never had this before- - - I was negative for H.Pylori so they gave me Omeprazole but I never took it really more than 1 week. because I felt fine. ive been extrmelt stressed for 2 weeks too- for other reasons- so every day has been a high stress/crying/ days I don't know if that has anything to do with it

OK--and we can continue after this if you'd like. Three possibilities here, and the most likely is that you've developed fairly severe gastric reflux and you may have a hiatal hernia causing that. Another possibility is that you have a Zenker's diverticulum--a pouch in the esophagus that is catching fluids and food and allowing them to regurgitate into your throat (unlikely with the normal EGD before). Finally, this could be from anxiety although it's happening so frequently that is less likely. You need to see your GI doctor again as soon as possible to check this out. The reflux, if that's the problem, might be helped with a medication call Reglan.