Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

Having irregular heart beats, periods of fatigue, pain from

Having irregular heart beats, periods of fatigue, pain from middle upper back through to chest since Saturday morning. Irregular heart beats after exercise (walking), or when I get tired in evening. Some lightheadedness, sleepiness. Went to an ER Saturday night and they found nothing on CXR, EKG and blood tests. Even saw my regular doctor yesterday who told me it's in my head and never even listened to my heart. I am not anxious when having these episodes and if I am giving myself irregular heart beats, then I am crazy! I had a pulse ox monitor for the finger (grandson has asthma) and I can see my heart beat is irregular at those times when I can also feel it! PaO2 only goes down to 97% from 99% however and at times I'm OK. A Nitro pill does help somewhat. How can I make my doctor listen to me?

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX and I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

I'm sorry to hear about these symptoms

Dr Brims :

Did you feel the irregular heartbeat during the EKG?

Customer:

No.....I had been resting in the bed and my heart had calmed down.

Dr Brims :

Okay, then you should ask your doctor if he will order a holter monitor for you, this is like an EKG but you wear it for several days

Dr Brims :

It should detect the irregular heartbeat, and it is small so you wear it under your clothes

Customer:

That's what I need, is something that will record it. Good idea. I can call my doctor in the morning. That would answer the question. Thanks!

Dr Brims :

You're very welcome

Dr Brims :

I am happy I could help

Dr Brims :

If you have any questions in the future, you may request me by starting your question with "Dr Brims" and I will answer

Customer:

I just needed a second opinion like that.......Good evening. :)

Dr Brims :

Same to you