Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

I previously tested positive on an hsv2 igg but have never

I previously tested positive on an hsv2 igg but have never shown symptoms. 3 years later I tested negative (0.20), also an igg. Was the first test incorrect, or is it possible that the virus is dormant and not showing up in the blood test?

Anthony Bray MD : Hello!
Anthony Bray MD : either would be possible... A false positive originally would be possible. It is also possible that you only had HSV1 with a cross - over reactivity ( HSV is the common cold sore virus)
Anthony Bray MD : it may be possible to have a non reactive HSV 2 due to a long dormant virus but unlikely to be the case...
Anthony Bray MD : I hope this information helps! Let me know if you have further questions and I will be happy to get back with you!

In your opinion, is it safe to assume I'm negative, or go for another test?

Anthony Bray MD : If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. That would be very much appreciated ! Thank you and best regards!
Anthony Bray MD : Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD : Safe to say that you are negative in my opinion!
Anthony Bray MD : The combination of the negative test and lack of ANY history of outbreak makes you safely negative in my opinion...