Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience

hi I have a quick ? after my husband and I have sex the next

hi I have a quick ? after my husband and I have sex the next day he gets red dots almost like little pimples on his penis and its a little itchy for him what is this? could it be me? such as lack of vitamins?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX and I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

When did this start?

Customer:

well it comes and goes when it wants

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Customer:

yes

Dr Brims :

When was the first time it occurred?

Customer:

about a year

Customer:

it comes and goes

Dr Brims :

Do you ever get these bumps?

Customer:

and it appears the next day after we have sex

Customer:

no I dont

Dr Brims :

Are they painful?

Customer:

well itchy and dry

Dr Brims :

Do they pop like blisters?

Customer:

yeah but little little ones

Dr Brims :

Has he had any tests for this?

Customer:

mm no but I have and all came back normal,

Dr Brims :

May I ask what tests you had?

Customer:

yeah its okay mm the H I V and I don't know the other ones but the did it when I was like 8 months preg

Dr Brims :

How long ago did you have the tests?

Customer:

about a year ago

Dr Brims :

Okay, from your description, it seems like your husband has a herpes infection, but it may not have been transmitted to you

Customer:

I thought it was happening because of me at my end I had yeast and I didn't know.

Dr Brims :

I doubt it is yeast, usually yeast infections don't cause these symptoms in men

Dr Brims :

I would advise your husband get tested

Customer:

really because yeast would eat my skin and his after we had sex. and this started to happen after my 2 baby during pregancy

Dr Brims :

Yeast rarely causes these symptoms in men, but it is possible, only a test can determine for sure

Customer:

do you know how much it would be?

Dr Brims :

You mean how much the test would be?

Customer:

yes ,how can herpes happen

Dr Brims :

Herpes is transmitted through sexual contact, or contact with any infected surface , even a towel

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Customer:

yes

Dr Brims :

Do you understand my reply?

Customer:

wow really!! okay so how much would the test be?

Dr Brims :

It may be around $50-100, it depends on the lab

Customer:

not bad at all. so how often can we buy new towels

Dr Brims :

You don't need to buy new towels, you only need to wash them and not share towels

Customer:

okay. my husband wants me to ask you, why does this happen to him only when we have sex?

Dr Brims :

It may occur when there is irritation caused by sex

Customer:

he said the red bumps go away by their self, and its only sometimes when we have sex its not all the time the bumps come.

Dr Brims :

Okay, I understand

Customer:

do you still think its herpes

Dr Brims :

It seems like it may be a yeast infection, but I would recommend a test to rule out herpes

Customer:

men can get yeast infections too? can I treat it with the cream I use when I get yeast?

Dr Brims :

If it is a yeast infection you can use the same cream

Customer:

well okay, Thank you soo much and have a good night godbless.

Dr Brims :

You're very welcome

Dr Brims :

I am happy I could help

Dr Brims :

If you have questions in the future, you may request me by starting the question with "Dr Brims" and I will answer

Dr Brims :

If you have no other questions on this topic, please remember to click a rating button prior to exiting the chat session

Dr Brims :

Are you still there?

Customer:

yes iam here

Dr Brims :

Is there still anything you would like to ask on this topic?

Customer:

okay Dr. thanks again bye now.

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience