Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

I have a stricture in my right hepatic duct. Had gall bladder

I have a stricture in my right hepatic duct. Had gall bladder out in 2002. I also have right shoulder pain, constant. It hurts resting or active. Hurts when I wake up and when I go to bed. Pain goes up and down but constant. Could this be related to my biliary duct problem?

Anthony Bray MD : Hello!
Anthony Bray MD : How does the time frame if your shoulder compare to the diagnosis if the hepatic duct structure ?
Anthony Bray MD : basically I think that the hepatic duct stricture is not likely tone the cause of your right shoulder pain....

Less than a couple of months following diagnosis (late Feb). Have had shoulder problem shortly after that

No injury to shoulder. Have full motion. Just pain.

Anthony Bray MD : it is true that gallbladder pain and liver related pain may be referred to the back but if you have a simple stricture then that is a static problem and not acutely painful as gallstones generally are...

No swelling. No redness. No illness. No cracking/sounds. Just pain.

Anthony Bray MD : I think that the cervical spine probl is a more likely to be related to your pain....
Anthony Bray MD : if you had an upper thoracic level spinal nerve compression then this would seem to be likely to correspond to your pain distribution.

OK, ty. Was checking as I was told I need to have major surgery to meld Part of small intestine to my cystic duct. Very scary. Again, thanks for the reply.

Anthony Bray MD : You are very welcome! Good luck with your surgery !! I hope that things go well for you!!
Anthony Bray MD : best regards,