Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

Okay so I have a very long story and series of events. 2 in

Customer Question

Okay so I have a very long story and series of events. 2 in a half months ago I got a rash on the left side of my scrotum and it was red and flaky so I figured it was just jock itch or something so I went to cvs and got hydrocortisone cream. I applied it in the morning and before I went to bad and when I woke up it turns into a huge blister. So I went to the doctor and he told me I had herpes. i was like whaaaat??? no way. So he took a culture and it came back negative. I went back a couple days later and got blood work and that came back negative. I know it was accurate because if I was exposed to herpes it would have been over 7 monthes prior to that test and I'm still pretty sure that chick didnt have herpes. So a Couple of weeks after that I got the same rash on my upper inner thigh Nd went back to the doc and he told me it was jock itch and the cream cleared it up right away. And now I am having pain at the tip of my penis and so my doc called me in a prescription of flocornazole. Not sure how to spell that but yeah. We think it may be yeast. Any my questions are, where that first infection was on the left of my scrotum has been in pain ever since it healed. I keep getting pain in my buttocks with nothing visible. Right now the pain is close to my anus but down towards the space Inbetween my sack and anus. This has been going on for to long and I just want some releif. I know it's not herpes because all this doesn't last for almost 3 monthes. Please give me some advise. I understand buttocks hurting is a sign of a herpes outbreak but the have hurt for 3 months out no outbreak? I need help
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Do you have pain between anus and scrotum?
Are you still having scrotum pain?
Do you see/observe any bumps/ swelling on buttocks?
Are you sexually active with your partner?
Any history of STD in regard to your partner?
How long back you had tests done?

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have pain in between my scrotum the pain is just to the left of that area. Sensitive to touch and sit. The pain is starting to subside from my scrotum since I took the anti fungal and yeast tablet. Fluconazole I believe is how you spell it. I do not have any bumps or swelling either. I am sexually active with my partner but I got all std tests done and came back negative. I got them all done at once when I got the first rash. Could the pain be from the yeast or fungus? I do not beleive this is std related.
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for all these additional details. I am sorry to hear about your problems.

As you already had culture and blood tests done for herpes, so I would not panic for any serious issue. Also as blood test for all STD have been done, so it is sure that you don't have any STD.

It sounds that you have a yeast infection, it can result in irritation and soreness of the head of the penis/scrotum.
The prescription medication- Diflucan (fluconazole) had worked, so pain symptoms have started to get resolve.
Yes, it is common to have pain with yeast infection. There is no worry for STD.

You should keep the affected area clean with soap and water while bathing.
You can take tablet claritin 10 mg once a day for 1 week.
Also you should get blood sugar test to rule out underlying diabetes mellitus. Maintain proper hygiene, and wear loose undergarments.
There is no need to worry for any STD or any serious infection.

In case symptoms doesn't improve in 1 week, please see Dermatologist.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business

Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience: Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So the pain in my butt could be from the yeast?
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.
Devon, Thanks for asking follow up question.

Yes it is true that butt pain could be from yeast infection.
Most likely this would get resolve by its own, in few days.
Also as you had already got tests done, so i would not panic for serious issue.
Kindly follow the measures, as advised in previous post.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry but I forgot to mention that down my right thigh I have this burning feeling but no rash or anything visible at all. I'm really sorry I keep replying but this is killing me! Thank you so much
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you reply anymore?
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.
Devon, Sorry for the delay in answering. I was offline, So I apologize for your wait.

I can understand your concern. As you already had got all blood tests done, So there is no reason to get panic for Herpes or any other STD.
Yes, burning feeling is common with yeast infection.
You need to take prescription medication for yeast infection as advised in previous post. Most likely you would be free from symptoms in 1-2 weeks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm so glad for the reply. These last two days I had pain on my outer thigh and devoleped 3 or 4 white spots on my outer upper thigh that are painful to touch. My doctor is out of town and sent her pics of the "rash" and she thinks it could be some form of staph. The white spots are not raised or red around the edges but are just sensitive to touch and with my clothing rubbing up against the spots it becomes irritating. She told me to put hydrocortisone on it and I was kind of scary because what I told you on my previous question (rash turning into blisters because of cortisone) but I did it anyway and there is no relief at all but that could change by morning. Any idea or anything? Much appreciated that you replied and I am very satisfied. Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.
Devon, I can understand your problem.

Well, such spots can occur due to Lichen planus, It may be related to an allergic or immune reaction. The exact cause is unknown.

To treat this condition, you need to follow these measures-

1. Take tablet Zyrtec once a day for 1 week.
2. Calamine lotion and cool oatmeal baths would be helpful.
3. Take tab Mortin 400mg twice a day.
4. When washing or bathing, keep water contact as brief as possible.
5. You need to use Bacitracin ointment on affected parts, twice a day.

Most likely It would not turn into blister, Please follow above measures and discuss this issue with your doctor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My doctor gave me some keflex yesterday, do you think just that will do the trick? my hip and thighs are still burning like crazy along with sensitively to touch and i have some pain in my groin area inbetween my thigh and scrotum. This is so annoying and i know i havent gave much time for the meds to work but this just sucks:(

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I also forgot to mention that when the jock itch cleared up i got a dime size blister on out thigh just below where the pain and discomfort is now. Not sure if it had anything to do with what is going on right now but when i went to the doctor they just told me to not mess with it or scratch it and my job now is not to let it get infected. They said it was probably nothing and really could of been anything. I asked if it could of been herpes and he said most likely not because herpes ussually come in clusters and not just one single blister like that. I still dont know why im all worried about this still because ive had the tests done and i dont think herpes symptomes last for 2 and a half monthes. I just need some more reassurence i guess you can say.

Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.
Devon, I can understand your problem.
Sorry for the delay in answering. I was offline, So I apologize for your wait.

First of all, please don't worry for herpes. You don't have any such symptoms. Usually the symptoms of Herpes show up within 2 days to 2 weeks of exposure to the virus.

To make you clear- the symptoms of Herpes will appear within 2 to 10 days. In few cases it may appear within 2 days, but in other persons it may take up to 2 weeks.
The first episode of symptoms of herpes usually last two to three weeks.

As you have already got tested, so there is no concern for any STD like herpes.

Your doctor has prescribed Keflex to treat any underlying bacterial infection. Keflex fights bacteria in the body.
Sometimes, bacterial infection may cause such symptoms.

Please complete full course for keflex, and have a follow up with your doctor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay so the meds did not help. I still have burning on my thigh and butt. I had really rough sex last night with a condom and now i have a little red dot on my penis that looks like friction burn or something. It is not painfull at all. Please try and help me again.