Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
3310972

My mother has stage 4 cancer. 90% of her liver is cancer.

My mother has stage 4 cancer. 90% of her liver is cancer. She has a swollen abdomen and legs. Her skin has already turned yellow. Her speech has begun to slur, and she sleeps all day. My question is, how long will she survive like this. I hate to see her in this pain!
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. German replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for your question I am Dr. German I would be here to help you and give you assistance until you are satisfied, I understand your situation ,I lost a dear family member from pancreatic cancer just few months ago and it is a very difficult situation for everybody .

The most important thing at this time ,is being with her and gives her all the love and support she needs .

Spiritual support is vital ,it does not matter what religion you practice ,it can offer the faith and the internal peace you will need to accompany her at this time.

For most patients , with liver cancer stage 4 , the survival rate is low and the life expectancy is from few months to 6 months being the upper limit , but every patient is different , there are some patients who could liver longer ,but it is very rare.

If you need any additional information I will be happy to continue further and assist you until you are completely satisfied . Good luck to you and have a good day !

Please leave a positive feedback ( click on excellent or good service ) if you are satisfied with my answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

With all the symptoms I gave you, how much longer does she have? That's my question. Swollen abdomen and legs (ankles are 3 times her normal size), nausea, loss of appetite, bruises easily, extreme fatigue, yellow skin and eyes... You have to give me a better answer than the generalized one you gave me. I could've found that on the internet for free!

Expert:  Dr. German replied 1 year ago.
In the state she is right now , she could last 3-4 months.

Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MD