Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

I have a nutrition question regarding gluten I know that gluten

I have a nutrition question regarding gluten I know that gluten is found in wheat and several other grains and is what gives elasticity to dough. I know that eating too many hamburgers hot dogs fast food can do intestinal damage in the long run. And I'm just talking about bread right now not other gluten-free foods. I also know we need grains in our diet and should not consider gluten-free unles you have sensitivity or celiac disease.

My question is if the only gluten-free product we eat is bread and we eat it in moderation as many servings as we're supposed to each day is gluten free in small amounts better on the intestines?
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

Firstly , gluten is not bad for your body. similarly, being gluten free is also not bad. What I mean is that being gluten free or including gluten in your diet in moderation is not bad.
Unless you are "gluten sensitive / intolerant" or having" gluten allergy", you may not avoid it.
Only in such people, taking gluten can damage the small intestine, otherwise it can be taken as a part of your diet.

If you have any further question, I would be happy to help you.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to rate my service positive once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello.
Thank you for your reply.

Can gluten free still leave behind intestinal plaque?

No rebecca, Gluten free is does not harmful at all. Its only that including fibers in your meals is healthy for your inestines and your body in the long run.

Good luck.

I hope my answer has helped you.

To be specific: No. Gluten free does not leave behind intestinal plaque.
Do you have any more question?
Do you have IBS or irritable bowel syndrome?