Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

Hi just had a blood test all ok other then neutrofils 43,6

Hi just had a blood test all ok other then neutrofils 43,6 normal should be 45- 75
and lymphocytes 46,2 normal should be 17-42 should I be concerned, I had shingles last year could that be the issue?

What about your total WBC count results?

Associated fever?

Any other associated symptoms?

Are you taking any medications?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Everything else is normal I live in Spain and the test is in Spanish so I am not sure what the WBC is

no medication

I have had two styes in my eye and still have a lump on one of the eye lids

weight gain 20 pounds in a year

Thanks for providing more information.

Firstly as per your reports,this is considered mild neutropenia, or a mild lowering of the neutrophil.
And most cases of mild neutropenia are just generally watched.
This level get decreased in viral infections, but also bacterial or parasitic infections.

Also level get decreased in vitamin B12 deficiency.

Lymphocytes and neutrophils are two of the five types of white blood cells.

When one cells either increase or decrease then other gets high.

As you have infection(stye) in eyes so it can be a contributing factor.

Decrease in number of neutrophils (as they are first line of defense) and increase in lymphocytes (lymphocytosis ) suggest the response of these cells towards combating an infection.

You can take multivitamin containing B complex which may he helpful.
Sometimes,there may be technical error if CBC has done on Automated Hemolytic Analyser.
So if you develop any symptoms or your WBC count also get lower then you need to undergo CBC manually performed by a pathologist.
Also further Peripheral Blood film should be done.

Having said this, such result is not a big concern and you should undergo repeat CBC after 3 months.

I suggest you to consult your doctor for a clinical corelation of your bloodwork findings with your current condition.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a positive rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you. Thank you.