Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties

Hi I have tingling on the left side of my face and on my left

Hi I have tingling on the left side of my face and on my left forearm. I am also feeling tired and occaisional headache. This has come on over the last day or so. I am getting paranoid, so also thinking so now worrying which may be now sweating etc too. Any thoughts?

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.

I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and i will do my best to help you today.

You need to answer a few questions first which will help me assist you in a better way.

Do you have weakness in any body part?

Difficulty in speech?

Visual problem?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi - I may have a weakness in my left little finger (but hard to be sure), and have no speach or visual problems.

Thank you very much for the useful information chris.

The first step here is to rule out any neurological problem that might be giving you these symptoms such as circulation issues to the brain, or inflammatory conditions like multiple sclerosis.

You should see a neurologist for a comprehensive clinical examination and tests (MRI) to be absolutely sure that there is nothing seriously wrong.

Pain on one side of face can occur due to trigeminal neuralgia, but this is not associated with pain and weakness in arm/finger (which can occur due to pinched nerve in spine, but this is not associated with pain at face). A clinical examination and MRI will give the exact answer.

These symptoms can also occur due to anxiety issues, but before attributing this to anxiety we need to rule out potential serious causes.

I would have been worried too if I were at your place, but let me reassure you that this is a treatable condition and carries a good prognosis with appropriate management.

It was a pleasure assisting you and thank you very much for visiting us.

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service.

If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindest Regards.